This has been tough. I have never been so sad, so tired, and without a plan. For twenty months I was the mother of two loving and adorable children, and I loved every minute. Due to life's demands, I quit many things...ministry in the church being one of them. I don't regret laying other responsibilities aside, I just find myself in a weird place in life now. It's weird and yet refreshing to be back at square one, trying to figure out what to do next. For the time being, I am sitting still waiting on His lead.
Last week, I was gone every night. This new found freedom can be intoxicating. However, today I found myself tired, sick and coming to terms with the quietness of my home. This was a good thing...I hope.
On Wednesday, I had coffee with my good friend Jill ...she is so strong. A true woman of God who has claimed victory over hardships. She reminded me of the need to be grateful for what God has given us. So here is what I am grateful for:
*That I had the boys for 20 months, which were filled with countless God moments. They are precious boys and I feel blessed to have been their mother. I know that God had them here for a reason and I trust that someday I will understand what that reason was...I pray for great and amazing things to come forth in their lives.
*For my family and friends who came over last Thursday night to say goodbye and to pray over the boys...there is strength in prayer!
*I am grateful that I was able to talk to the boys on Monday. This was so hard, but good all at the same time...
*I am thankful for my precious sister-in-law, Melissa, who came over and took pictures of the boys and I on their last day here...thanks Melissa!! and thanks for crying with me :)
*For my Mom and Daniel who came over on Monday and cleaned the boys' rooms and did the last bit of laundry for me...she knew I couldn't go into their rooms, she knew my heart, and served in the dearest way possible. Thanks mom and Daniel!
*For Amy who took the time to make two life books for the boys...you are an awesome aunt and sister!
*For Shannon and her scheduled prayer time for the boys. Thanks friend...
*For my movie night with Kristi...thanks for the tears! I've NEVER seen you cry in the theater!
*For my co-workers who were sensitive and patient with me...and no I wasn't on drugs :)...just tired.
*For Bridget and her willingness to stay after and workout with me and her steadfast friendship...where would I be without you friend!
*I'm really glad that my best friend lives in California, I can call her late at night :). I am grateful that I can just say that this pain sucks, and she completely knows what I mean because (unfortunately) she has been there too.
*I appreciate the distraction of great phone calls from a good friend from down south...wink!
Well tonight I am closing the day grateful for a God who is close to the brokenhearted. He is a God who is gentle and patient with me...
Here are a couple of pictures of the boys on their last day here...enjoy!













4 comments:
...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:30-31
Jen, you are loved.
I love you, sister!
((((HUGS)))) Jen, you are an amazing woman and I am sure God has great things planned for you.
Jen, I'm proud of you. Hang in there and keep on keeping on sister. Remain thankful and God will see you through the rain. I love you. Jill
Post a Comment