Last week it hit me that I have the free time to do a Bible study with other people--not just myself. I love doing Beth Moore studies, so I checked our church website and found a new study was starting. Since it's a Beth Moore study, I am guaranteed a lot of Bible time. Beth makes me excited to study God's word...and I love her accent mixed with her passion for God. Actually I find myself talking/teaching like she does. So watch out students!Every Beth Moore study I have done, I find myself going through a "period of time" in life...obviously, my time in life now has been more difficult than others. She stated tonight that "coincidences are miracles in which God prefers to be anonymous". That statement spoke right to my heart! I love the story of Esther and I claimed her strength so many times when I was being called to testify in court for the boys. So I fully believe that it is not a coincidence that we are studying the book of Esther at this exact moment.
Beth also stated that we serve a God who doesn't always "part the Red Sea". Meaning, He doesn't always show Himself the way we think He might or even believe He might. So many people, and even myself, believed (fully believed) that the boys would remain with me. My Red Sea did not part. The boys are no longer with me...but God is here even when I can't hear Him speak to me. She stated that although the book of Esther has no mention of God, it is the manifestation of God in His people. We serve a big enough God to have an entire book in His word that makes no mention of Himself. That is humbled God.
So, with hope, I eagerly await the knowledge that I will gain from studying this great book.






2 comments:
I'm so excited to see that you have a blog. Now you have a new reader:)
I'm currently doing Beth Moore's study "A Heart Like His". God's Word is Life.
we should get coffee soon :)
Post a Comment