
Today is National Day of Remembrance for Pregnancy and Infant Loss. I didn't even know this day existed until yesterday when I scrolled through my favorite blogs and saw that Angie Smith (Bring the Rain blog) listed this special day. My family has experienced this kind of loss more often then we would ever like. It is hard and painful.
One of my heart songs lately has been, Bring the Rain by Mercy Me. I have listed it on my playlist below for your hearts enjoyment. I find it ironic that it has rained, dark and heavy today. It's been a sad day--lots of weeping. In the song, Bring the Rain, he sings about how in our mourning we draw closer to God. Isn't that so true?! I find such strength from Jesus when he says, "I turned to you and heard your cry."-Psalm 40:1 and "Out of the depths I heard you cry to me, I heard your voice, I am listening, and I will bring you mercy."-Psalm 130:1 and 2.
May we continue to feel God's mercy shower down on us in our weeping. May we curl up in His lap and give it all back to our Father, who is so close to us when we are sad.






1 comment:
I love the blog Jen. I will be reading it often. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I miss you!
Post a Comment