Some people have asked what we do for fun at our house...well, we dance :) That's right, we break out the iPod and dance all over the house.
A couple of years ago, a lady named Jenny gave her testimony at our church. She is a very gifted actress and dancer. In her testimony she shared how when she became a Christian, she thought she would have to give up dancing--one of her greatest pleasures and passions. She goes on to share how God revealed to her that dancing is worship to Him. She now dances for Christ. Something about the way she shared her testimony has always stuck with me. I decided I wanted my house to worship in dancing.
Psalm 149:3 says "Let them praise His name with dancing..."
I have included a clip of our dancing. My boys know who they are dancing for. If you are ever riding in our car and the song I Am Free comes on, you will see the boys really break down. I will video tape this soon and get it up on here. I think laughter and dancing can go together...espeically when your one-year-old is heading banging to "I am free to run, I am free to dance..." Hilarious!
Thanks Jenny for sharing from your heart!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
I'm excited that you have a blog now and I can keep up with the happenings of you and the boys! They both are awesome dancers ;-)
Jen, that is soooo precious! What an amazing mom you are :)
xoxo,
Kirsten
haha, i totally think you should video them in the car to the "i am free" song!!! they are ADORABLE!!!
p.s.- IT'S NOT CHRISTMAS MUSIC TIME YET!! close, but not yet...
Officially, you can listen to Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving. This has been a public service announcement.
Hey Jen...so good to talk with you yesterday! I love the video of the boys dancing for Jesus! I know that God is smiling! Love, Kelly
Post a Comment