
It never fails that half way through the week we have to make a trip to Walmart or Kroger. Last week was no exception. We have been going to Kroger to "spice up" our grocery shopping adventures (trust me--with two boys ages 3 and 1, a trip to the grocery store is an adventure) but Jaylin has had two full-blown tantrums in Kroger so we have to lay low for awhile before we return there. Anyway, I decided to go to Wal-Mart later in the evening so as to fight some of the rush hour traffic. This meant that Jaylin had already been home and changed into...action, super-hero, rock star costume complete with puppy dog slippers, a Lowes workshop apron turned backwards to create a cape, and a flimsy-yellow-plastic-basket for a helmet, all while holding his Elmo guitar. He had informed me that later on that night he would be with his band in the play room for a concert. Now, I knew that I should have had him change back into his normal clothes, but that was a battle I just wasn't willing to have that night...so we trotted off to Wal-Mart, costume and all.
As we walked into the store, Jaylin said his usual greetings to the welcome dude at the entrance of the store. "Hi! My name is Jaylin and this is my little brother, Aaron. And this is my mommy." This night, however, he added, "I'm a super-hero band player." The greeter chuckled and gave him a smiley face sticker. I'm pretty sure they are best friends now.
While shopping Jaylin strutted behind, looking at all of the wonders that Wal-Mart offers. As I dodged the usual "Can I have this mommy?" questions, I filled my cart with the essential items needed to get us through the week. As we reached the check-out counter, the real amusement began. Jaylin was standing in the cart, when all of a sudden he broke out in song..."I love my brother, yeah yeah yeah. I love Wal-Mart, yeah yeah yeah...." Needless to say, this caught a lot of attention. I think a star was born!
As we walked into the store, Jaylin said his usual greetings to the welcome dude at the entrance of the store. "Hi! My name is Jaylin and this is my little brother, Aaron. And this is my mommy." This night, however, he added, "I'm a super-hero band player." The greeter chuckled and gave him a smiley face sticker. I'm pretty sure they are best friends now.
While shopping Jaylin strutted behind, looking at all of the wonders that Wal-Mart offers. As I dodged the usual "Can I have this mommy?" questions, I filled my cart with the essential items needed to get us through the week. As we reached the check-out counter, the real amusement began. Jaylin was standing in the cart, when all of a sudden he broke out in song..."I love my brother, yeah yeah yeah. I love Wal-Mart, yeah yeah yeah...." Needless to say, this caught a lot of attention. I think a star was born!






1 comment:
Hey Jen...yes, Walmart is truly an adventure! So glad you started your blog - it'll be so nice to keep up with wht's going on for you and the boys. Love you, Kelly
Post a Comment