Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

11.03.2008

For I knew you before you were born...

I'm not gonna lie...the foundation for my decision on who to vote for lies with social issues. Specifically, the politician's stand on abortion.



One of the higlights of this election was when Rick Warren invited both McCain and Obama to his church and asked some very real and pointed questions. I wasn't completely sure what I thought of McCain until this interview (I was a huge Huckabee fan). However, I was blown away by McCain's character and solid belief that all life is sacred. This was shown in his political voting, his large family, and the adoption of his daughter from India.



What I was blown away by that night was Obama's response to when life begins. He stumbled over his words, didn't answer the question, and lied about his stand on late term abortions. He is a complete supporter of Planned Parenthood and backed them up time after time. It makes me sad.



In my mind, if a president doesn't hold the innocence of life sacred, then how will he/she react to the job of protecting all people. I am the mother of two children, who could have very easily been aborted. I often think how different life would be if Aaron's life had been taken away from his in the midst of caios that his biological mother was experiencing. I am so glad that God protected this little boy!



Here is a link to a great video clip of that interview.

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=f95803f9097ee87b3718.

2 comments:

Kelly K. said...

Hey Jen...how very sad that our country has elected a president who favors abortion and sees children as a "punishment" (his comment on what would happen if his daughters got pregnant...'I wouldn't want to punish them with a baby'.) As Christians we are called to shine brightly in this dark culture and with God's help we will. I'm so thankful for the safe and loving home you're providing for your boys! I'm praying for you!

Jen said...

I totally agree Kelly and I heard what Obama said also. What a sad life he must live--not knowing the joy of life. Someone once said that it is the premarital sex that was the sin, not the child. That stuck in my head as such a different perspective.

Thanks for the prayers! We're saying them for you too!